Wednesday, September 23, 2009

R is for Roadtrip!


September 9, 2009

Texas or bust! Reunited with Ginger and Becky in Virginia at Dulles Airport and headed out on a fantastic road trip in Ginger's family's van through the Southeastern U.S. with my Mercy Ships amigas. Final destination: Lindale, Texas where we will be participating in the Gateway training program for long term volunteers. We will receive training in faith foundations, personal and interpersonal development, cultural competency, working with the poor and basic safety training (including firefighting and water survival). The adventure traveling to Texas together was truly wild and wonderful.

Lord, I was born a ramblin' (wo)man
Tryin' to make a livin' and doin' the best I can
And when it's time for leavin'
I hope you'll understand
That I was born a ramblin' (wo)man.

(Ramblin' Man, The Allman Brothers Band)

2 comments:

  1. I've been everywhere, man.
    I've been everywhere, man.
    Crossed the desert's bare, man.
    I've breathed the mountain air, man.
    Of travel I've had my share, man.
    I've been everywhere.

    I've been to:
    Reno, Chicago, Fargo, Minnesota, Buffalo, Toronto, Winslow, Sarasota, Wichita, Tulsa, Ottawa, Oklahoma, Tampa, Panama, Mattawa, La Paloma, Bangor, Baltimore, Salvador, Amarillo,
    Tocapillo, Baranquilla, and Perdilla, what a killa.

    [Chorus]

    I've been to:
    Boston, Charleston, Dayton, Louisiana,
    Washington, Houston, Kingston, Texarkana,
    Monterey, Faraday, Santa Fe, Tallapoosa, Glen Rock, Black Rock, Little Rock, Oskaloosa,
    Tennessee, Hennessey, Chicopee, Spirit Lake,
    Grand Lake, Devils Lake, Crater Lake, for Pete's sake.

    [Chorus]

    I've been to:
    Louisville, Nashville, Knoxville, Ombabika,
    Schefferville, Jacksonville, Waterville, Costa Rica, Pittsfield, Springfield, Bakersfield, Shreveport, Hackensack, Cadillac, Fond du Lac, Davenport, Idaho, Jellico, Argentina, Diamantina, Pasadena, Catalina, see what I mean-a.

    [Chorus]

    I've been to:
    Pittsburgh, Parkersburg, Gravelbourg, Colorado,
    Ellisburg, Rexburg, Vicksburg, Eldorado, Larimore, Admore, Haverstraw, Chatanika,
    Chaska, Nebraska, Alaska, Opelika, Baraboo, Waterloo, Kalamazoo, Kansas City, Sioux City, Cedar City, Dodge City, what a pity.

    I've been everywhere, man.
    I've been everywhere, man.
    Crossed the desert's bare, man.
    I've breathed the mountain air, man.
    Of travel I've had my share, man.
    I've been everywhere.

    (I've Been Everywhere, Johnny Cash)

    ReplyDelete
  2. E-Bay! You ROCK! I love it! and I love Johnny! and I love you!

    ReplyDelete