Monday, January 18, 2010

An Amazing Send Off!

Wow! What a send off! I am so grateful for the support and encouragement of my family and friends as I prepare to depart for England en route to the Canary Islands to reunite with the Africa Mercy Ship and sail onward to Togo, West Africa. I feel so blessed by your most memorable send off, words of encouragement and prayers. This adventure would not be possible without your support! Thank you! I am going to miss you so very much!










Amazing Bon Voyage cake,
complete with the flag of Togo!




Thank you Meg!

Meg, the hostest with the mostest!

A gourmet bon voyage celebration at her maison, with delicious Lebanese fare (check out the fancy rosemary sprig garnish!). Bon appetit!

Shannon & Dave

These armed and dangerous lyrical gangsters brought tears to mine and Snoop DoGG’s
(that’s D-O to the double G's) eyes.

I was so honored and blessed by their original sweet rhymes as they rapped to bid me a most righteous adventure.

and it goes a little somethin' like this:

"Ain't nuthin' but A C thang, baby,
Workin’ to help people in Africa like crazy,
Mercy Ship is the boat that saves me,
We’re so proud of the work that you do.”








Heidi, the inspired creator of an autographed blanket as a traveling gift for the voyage, which will cover my bed aboard the Africa Mercy Ship. Here Heidi and Tina are inscribing their messages.

Thank you so much to my dear family and friends!

1 comment:

  1. Alainie and Shannon and Dave!!

    I love the ganstah royal send off !!!
    So Hilarious!!!
    What a fabulous tribute!!

    Love, Sue

    ReplyDelete