Sunday, January 25, 2009

Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?

From Boston to Frankfurt to the Island of Tenerife in the Canary Islands of Spain! At last this seagull has landed and begun life aboard the Africa Mercy Ship.





Tomorrow I begin my overnight shift job: the stripping and waxing of the floors of the dining area. A cool opportunity to learn how to operate heavy machinery by night and explore the island and beach by day. We're readying the ship for her 2009 fantastic voyage to Benin, West Africa. We plan to set sail on January 31st. Once we arrive in Benin, I will begin my work as a nurse.

7 comments:

  1. A dawg, your maps are awesome! I want to see some pics from your new camera!!

    Hope all is well in the galley :)
    Love you!
    Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. You set sail on my birthday. Yipeee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blog. Also love the Carmen SanDiego reference. You're awesome!

    Love, Meg

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to see some beach photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey!
    I just happened across your blog, yay for Boston. I'll be coming to help represent Bean Town nurses in March...see you then :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michaela, Alyssa and I are enjoying the maps and being able to keep up with your adventures.

    ReplyDelete